Sunday, October 2, 2011

Welcome Creating your Future LLC!

Hello everyone, and welcome to a new year!  My name is Michael and I am the Resident Assistant (RA) for the Community Leadership LLC!  I am originally from Menomonee Falls and I moved to Milwaukee for school in Fall 2008.  During high school I was in band, choir and theater productions, though I haven't been in one since coming to college.  At UWM I have been involved in several student organizations and worked various on-campus jobs as well.

This is my fourth year at UWM and I will be getting a Bachelors in Social Work along with a Certificate in LGBT Studies.  Much like Celia, the Mentor for the LLC, I have had majors across the board before I finally settled on Social Work, so I am very excited to share my experiences and help everyone get a better handle on how they want to spend their time here at UWM!

 As far as my job, my second year working for University Housing as an RA and with an LLC, and also my second year in RiverView!  I am really excited to be working with everyone and am looking forward to having some awesome experiences.  I am hoping to make some amazing connections with all of my residents and I strongly encourage anyone/everyone to come and talk to me whenever.  I know that it can be hard to get connected on such a large campus, but I firmly believe that there is a spot here at UWM for everyone.  Let's find it together!

That's about all I have for right now.  I know this is going to be a great year, and I look forward to everything that is to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment