Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Jerome The New Lab Rats Mentor

Hello Everyone,

My name is Jerome, and I am a Jr in the mechanical engineering program here at UWM. After graduating. I hope to go to graduate school so that I can get a chance to be in charge of my own research project. I am currently working in the Hand Rehabilitation Lab located in the USR building just about a mile off campus. We focus on upper extremity and hand function for people suffering from stoke(s). I have previously worked on a project called the Box and Block Test that tested the manual dexterity of a stroke subjects hands. I presented the research the American Society of Biomechanics (ASB) National Conference in Long Beach, CA. Me and my partner got flown out for free and got to spend the week in Long Beach. Right now I am working on a virtual reality system that serves as a alternate therapy session.

I hope to meet all of you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment