Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Meet Your Mentor



.::Mentor Meredith::.  

I studied abroad in Prague, Czech Republic this summer. 

So a little about me :) I was born in Santa Fe, New Mexico and have spent most of my time growing up in the Southwest even after I had made the move to Wisconsin in 1999. I love the culture, food and art that comes from the Southwest and will always keep that with me wherever I go. I spent my first two years of college at the University of North Carolina- Asheville and had the pleasure to wake up and enjoy the blue 
ridge parkway as my backyard. I love hiking and being outdoors!!

I transferred to UWM last fall and am studying Marketing and Sales at the Lubar Business School.   I am a mentor at the Student Success Center and wanted to learn more about the film industry. I am excited to be working with this LLC focused on Film, Video and New Genre. I have loved watching movies and understanding the art that goes along with layouts, lighting, sound and acting. I can't wait to learn more about films and everything that goes along with it! I have no experience with the Living Learning Community since I am a transfer student from the University of North Carolina-Asheville. As a freshman I had the opportunity to sign up for a similar program called the Integrative Liberal Studies Program,  that focused on helping incoming freshmen get acclimated into college life. This program was very detrimental to the development of lasting friendships that I still have today with peers and professors. I learned and enjoyed this course so much and hope that I can help with others have a similar experience. 



      Favorite song by my favorite band, The Shins: http://youtu.be/GyAJ4V06izg

No comments:

Post a Comment