Sunday, August 26, 2012

Meet Your Mentor

Hey everyone! My name is Maggie Iken and I will be the mentor for the music LLC this year. Although I am currently majoring in Russian, I was a music major for my first three semesters at UWM. I continue to participate in music events on campus as well. Last year over spring break, I was able to travel to New York with the UWM Symphony Orchestra and perform at Carnegie Hall! I can be frequently seen playing for composition students and have played for the theater department as well. I will be a junior this fall and am originally from Green Bay (go Pack!).

I am extremely excited to be working with the music LLC this year. When I was a freshman living in the residence halls, I wanted to be involved in an LLC pertaining to music, but at that time they didn't have one. I'm thrilled that even though I am no longer a resident, I am able to participate in something that I wanted so badly a couple years ago. I can't wait to start off the year and work with a bunch of individuals who share a passion for music.

No comments:

Post a Comment