Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Meet Your Mentor

Hey there! My name is Rhiannon Urbanowski and I am a mentor this fall for the Art & Design Living Learning Communities in both Cambridge and Riverview. This is my first year being a Mentor so I am super excited to get to work with Art students just like myself. I am going into my Junior year in the Peck School of the Arts studying Graphic Design. I've switched my major twice but I finally feel like the Peck School is where I am supposed to be. It is such a tight-knit community of wonderful, creative, and inspirational people that I am lucky to consider myself a part of.

This upcoming semester we have a ton of stuff planned for the Art & Design LLC. I know one of the big ones is a public wall mural which sounds like a blast! We will also have mini trips throughout the semester to various galleries and the Milwaukee Art Museum (which as Peck Students you will all get a free pass to). 

I know I participated in a LLC when I got to UWM because it sounded like a fun way to get involved and meet people with some of the same interests as me. I was in the Global Studies LLC in Sandburg hall and our community grew very close over the course of the school year. A lot of the people you are meeting and living with now will be people you can count on for the rest of your college career if not even the rest of your life. 

This is going to be a fantastic year and I am so excited to be able to be a part of the Art & Design LLC!

No comments:

Post a Comment