Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Meet your RA

Hi Everyone!

I'd just like to start by saying that I'm excited for this upcoming school year and all the fun things that entail! I look foward to meeting my residents and working with my LLC team to create awesome events as well. Well now I suppose it's time for a little bit about myself! My name is Mikel McGee, (my name is pronounce my-kel just incase you were wondering). I am the RA for the Writing and Visual Cultures LLC for the 2012-2013 school year. I'm from Milwaukee Wisconsin and am familiar with the town as I live just a short drive from the UWM campus. I suppose in academic standing I would be considered a junior but due to transfering schools I am considered a sophmore in my program. I am a Communication Sciences and Disorders major or as some people may know it Speech Pathology.

Unlike a lot of students coming into college for the first time I knew what my major was right away; however, I still have taken a lot of required gen ed classes like English. I always have liked English and have found that once I get a topic in mind and brainstorm some ideas writing comes easy to me. My goal for this year in my LLC and on my floor in particular is  to be a resource for my residents and take the fear out of being assigned a research paper. I know that hearing in English 101 that your final grade determining paper will be a 10 page research paper can be daunting!


Cheers,
Mikel McGee

No comments:

Post a Comment