Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Meet Your RA


Oh hello incoming residents of the Film, Video, Animation, and New Genres LLC,


My name is Brian and I am your Resident Assistant.   I am a fourth year student studying Film with an emphasis in Direction.  I have an Associate’s Degree from UW-Baraboo/Sauk County and have study abroad experience (Scotland).   


This LLC experience is catered towards students with an interest in Film, whether they intend it to be their major or not.  Our goal is to make the transition to UW-Milwaukee an enjoyable experience and to encourage all residents to follow their passions.  We will do this through planned activities and classes catered towards community development (both with pre-film majors and those in other majors) while simultaneously assisting with our residents' environmental adaptation.  All members will take a class together, will live in the same hall, will be given chances to make collaborative film productions, and will have opportunities to explore the rich developing film community that Milwaukee has been continuously developing.

I personally joined the LLC when I first came to UW-Milwaukee last year as a transfer student.  I only stayed for a semester, as I joined the RA staff shortly after arriving but have continued to stay in touch and work with the friends I made during that time.  When I was offered the chance to fill the vacant RA opening this year I was more than elated to accept.  My passion for film has been life-long and the only thing I enjoy more than making them is helping others begin to do the same.  I look forward to meeting each and every one of you.

Regards,

-Brian A. Hollendyke

No comments:

Post a Comment