Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Weeeeee'rrrreeeeee BBBAAAACCCCKK!

Welcome back lovely people!

I hope you all had an amazing break and are getting settled in to the semester! I am very excited about this semester because the Writing and Visual Culture LLC has some great things in store! While there is a limited amount of students in the LLC to partake in events, Mikel and I have fun regardless! Which made our Februray event so fun! Although no students showed up, Mikel and I attended the UWM DRAG SHOW!!! I think this is one of the most exciting events offered on campus. What I love most is that the profits go to Project Q, a service offered to LGBTQ children aged from 13-24 with opportunities to develop themselves in a safe and free space. I also love that people are able to express themselves in whatever way possible. This is one of the many reasons why I love UWM so much; we really are a diverse and inclusive campus! Anywho... the night was filled with laughs, awkward moments, and of course pictures and memories to last a lifetime.







Isis! The Queen of the Nightc





Lady Gia! One of my favorites of the night.










Isis recieving her going-away gifts





Last performance of the night. All performers came on stage.
 Needless to say, it was an amazing night!

What else is in store? A RED and White party for the wonderful talent that is Dr. Seuss

And! An awesome jam-packed trip to Chicago!

I look forward to spilling the wonderful details yet to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment