Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Farewell Art & Design LLC!!!

As most of you know, I will be studying abroad in Perú for the remainder of this semester until the end of July and so I wanted to write a short farewell blog to everyone. I wanted to start out by saying how much the Art & Design LLC has impacted me and to express how much I have enjoyed working with the students, instructors, and professional staff throughout the entirety of this academic year. Each and every student is incredibly talented and a joy to work with. I have learned and grown from every student and getting to see their faces has been the highlight of my weeks here. :)



I wanted to lament my inability to partake in the Spring Expo (the work so far is AMAZING!!) as well as the trip to Chicago. These events sound like a blast and I can't wait to see all the pictures (although it will make me extremely jealous I couldn't be there for them)! I hope we will still keep in touch and I wanted to let everyone know that they can feel free to contact me as I will continue to check Facebook and emails regularly while I am away.


I wanted to mention a little about my study abroad trip because I am pretty excited about it! I will be leaving this Sunday at 7:45am and arriving in Lima at 10:20pm the same night. My host family consists of a woman named Maria Marsano and her husband, two daughters, three sons, and a pet rabbit :). They live in Magdalena del Mar, a seaside district of Lima roughly 20 minutes from the University. I will be taking classes in Spanish, mostly art classes I believe, at La Pontificia Católica del Perú. My program ends in the middle of July and I plan on spending a week for travel before I finally return on July 20th. I can't wait to see all of you upon my return!


No comments:

Post a Comment