Monday, May 20, 2013

2012-2013 Reflections

Now that the year is winding down, it's good to take some time to look back and see all the awesome things the Writing and Visual Culture LLC was able to do this year. Although we have a low enrollment of students, Mikel and I were able to rock it out and have a blast!

I was so happy to meet and work with such an awesome RA. We were able to do some great things, like going to Lyrical Sanctuary and the UWM Drag Show!

This LLC has taught me many things, consistency, tolerance and more importantly... how to have fun! Not having a class included in the LLC made it difficult and interesting but we were still able to connect with the few students involved and enjoy our time together. I have been extremely fortunate to be a part of such a great opportunity, and although I will not be a mentor for the LLC next year, I am humbled by my experience.

Now, let's take a look back shall we?


UWM Drag Show
Dr. Seuss Party
These are just two events we did this year! With that being said, my favorite part about my LLC was being able to see students enjoy their time and put on events that are fun and interactive. Like Lyrical Sanctuary! It was great to see students and people from the community get up in front of a crowd and present their poems and songs! I could never do that!!

I sincerely wish everyone good luck on their exams and in the future! The future of LLC's looks promising!

No comments:

Post a Comment