Wednesday, September 4, 2013


Meet the Art and Design LLC!
The people you'll be working, living, and creating with!

Mentor Claire

Hello! My name is Claire Strominger and I am a sophomore this year at UWM. A little bit about myself is that I am from Rockford, Illinois and I have lived there my whole life up until now. My new home away from home is Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Besides my actual whereabouts, here are some fun facts about me. I love art, and creating art, so it is fitting that my major is Art Education and Drawing and Painting. I will be the Peer Mentor for the Art and Design LLC this fall. I got a little taste of the LLC environment this past spring when I entered into the 3D Concepts LLC course because there was an open spot. It was great to have a class that was close knit unlike my other art courses. The work was tailored to get the students more involved. For example, one of my favorite parts of the LLC course were the trips and discussions that were directly related to the project/topic we were working on. The LLC course was a great experience because I really got connected to my teacher and the students in that class.   




Cambridge RA Mari
Hey! My name is Mari, and I am the RA for the Cambridge Commons Art and Design LLC. This is my third year at UWM, and also my third year in the LLC! I started off my freshman year as a resident in the LLC, I loved it so much, I came back with plans of making everyone's first year experience as great as mine.
I am a double focus art major, with painting/drawing and ceramics. I also love to knit, crochet, bead, sew, and bake! I love the Art and Design LLC because it gives you unique opportunities that you can't get elsewhere, you get to live with other artists, get closer with the professors, take special trips, and become an important part of the art community on campus.
This summer I worked at a cupcake bakery in Minneapolis and relaxed with my friends. I am most excited to start new art classes this year, meet the LLC folk, and see what we'll create. So lets get movin! Welcome to the Art and Design LLC!




Riverview RA Chris

Hi, y'all! My name is Melissa Christine, but you can call me Chris. I am from Waukesha, WI, and let me tell you, it feels great to be back in Milwaukee! This is my third year at UW-Milwaukee studying Art&Design, Psychology, and Spanish, and this is my second year as a Resident Assistant. I am a RA for the RiverView Art & Design Living Learning Community, and I love it. I worked with the LLC last year, and it was an incredible experience for the residents and me. I learned so much from all of the students in the LLC, and the instructors have been phenomenal to work with. I'm sure that y'all are going to have a great time. We get to go to fun events and activities with the LLC, and you are always surrounded by fellow artists. It is truly an incredible environment to be a part of, and I know that you will come to love it the way I do. Welcome to the LLC!



No comments:

Post a Comment