Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Meet the Commnity Leadership and Wisconsin Covenant LLCs Mentor Alyssa!

Hey Everyone!


My name is Alyssa Biersack and I am the mentor for the Community Leadership LLC and also the Wisconsin Covenant LLC. I am a senior majoring in Communication and seeking a certificate in Community Leadership. I am originally from Grand Marsh, WI which is an unincorporated town and went to high school at Adams-Friendship High School.

I chose UWM for a few reasons:


1) I have a lot of family in the area.
2) I LOVE Milwaukee.
3) I absolutely love how diverse and accepting of others our campus is,
4)  UWM has about 29,000 students but campus is only about 4 large city blocks which takes only 10 minutes maximum to get between the two farthest ends of campus, and still doesn't feel crowded.


I chose to be the mentor for the two LLC's was because I really like the purpose outside of class these two LLC's have. They not only have a common goal of becoming stronger leaders and civic duty, but they also share a class, ED POLICY 315: Group Process and Civic Engagement. I am very excited to work with all of my students, and I have a really great feeling about this year!


 Cheers to the beginning of a sure to be fantastic year!
-Alyssa

No comments:

Post a Comment