Sunday, September 8, 2013

Logan Thorp Introduction


My name is Logan Thorp and I am a peer mentor this year.  What is a peer mentor?  A peer mentor is an experienced student you can connect with at UWM to help identify all of the valuable resources available to you.  All new transfer and returning adult, and residential students are connected with a peer mentor to help transition to UWM.  I am here to answer questions, serve as a resource, and be a point of contact at UWM.  I also will be in all of your LLC classes for the Introduction to Health professions course. 
Here is a little about me:

I am a senior student studying Kinesiology with the intent to become a Physical Therapist.  I have a passion for helping others and I use my outgoing personality to find something that relates to an individual.  I am from Wisconsin Dells and I attended Wisconsin Dells High School; I did not live in a water slide. I am a transfer student from the University of Wisconsin-Baraboo/Sauk County, where I spent two years.  At UW-Baraboo I was vice-president of the Hockey Club and I was involved with the Outdoor Club.  Here at UW-Milwaukee, I am involved with research in the Human Performance and Sport Physiology Laboratory under the supervision of Dr. Ebersole.  In the Human Performance Lab we work on heart rate analysis in Professional baseball players.  Also how that physiologically affects there overall performance as athletes. I am an active advocate for health and fitness due to the fact that I am in the Health field.  I am involved in KUSO (Kinesiology Undergraduate Student Organization), CRU (Campus Crusade for Christ), and I was also an Orientation Leader for Health Science students out of the Student Success Center this summer. 
I am excited to develop a close relationship with other students interested in the Health Science field.  Being able to pass on the information I came across by observing many hours in clinical settings is extremely important to me and to be able to share specific tips with all of you is something I look forward too.  Feel free to add me on Facebook, Logan Thorp.  I am sure you will be able to reach me, and if you ever need to meet up and talk about anything my e-mail is lathorp@uwm.edu.

No comments:

Post a Comment