Monday, September 2, 2013

Stevan Stojanovic Introduction

Dear First Year Student,

My name is Stevan Stojanovic, and I am the peer mentor for the Health Professions Living Learning Community. I am assigned to the Nursing 103 class section 008 that takes place every friday morning at 9:00am in the Sandburg Flicks. What is a peer mentor you ask? Well, I am here to serve as an additional resource to the many of the awesome campus resources that we already have on campus. I am here to help you, the student, out with any questions you may have about attending UWM. Bottom line, I am here to help you succeed at UWM as well as be a good role model, and mentor for you all.

Now, a little bit about me. I am currently entering my second year here at UWM, and I am currently pursuing a degree in Journalism, Advertising and Media Studies or JAMS for short. I hope to one day become a journalist, and possibly make it to 30 Rockefeller Center to be the next anchor of NBC Nightly News. That is my ultimate dream job, but you always have to start small before getting to the big TV networks. That is what I am planning on doing with my JAMS degree. I am also from Brookfield, Wisconsin. Brookfield is a suburb of Milwaukee and is located about 20 minutes west of the city of Milwaukee along I-94. This year is my very first year working with the Learning Communities and Living Learning Communities as well as my first year being a peer mentor.

So you can put a name to a face, here is a picture of me (on the left) with my best friend William (right).

This picture is from when William and I went to the Green Bay Packers Hall of Fame at Lambeau Field, before a preseason Packers game. We are sitting at a replica of the desk of legendary Packers coach Vince Lombardi, I am pretending to be the coach and William is the player asking for more time on the field. You could say we are doing a role play activity in the picture.  

Overall, I want to help you, the student, have the best and successful first year of college ever. I am here to help with getting used to UWM and to serve as a resource to help you in any way that I can. 

Sincerely, 

STEVAN 

No comments:

Post a Comment