Saturday, February 8, 2014

Welcome to the Arch LLC Family, Chaz!

This is my face
Hey everyone, my name is Chaz Schwandt, and I am from Nekoosa, WI. It’s a very small town with only about 2,000 people, so being here in Milwaukee has definitely been a new experience for me. I am currently a sophomore studying Math Education with a minor in Architecture and am mentoring the LLC for Architecture 190 this semester.
Being an Architecture student has been one of the most eye-opening experiences so far in my life -- from the time commitment to the handful of amazing friends who I have made in studio 1st semester sophomore year. They say the friends you make in college will be your friends through life; well that same thing applies here, if not more. The people in your studio section will become your closest friends, probably because you spend every waking moment with them. So far from my times in my first and second year with the Architecture LLC, I can say that they are pretty close to a family. They all seem so connected and hang out all the time helping each other with whatever architecture related topic. That is my experience so far, and I am proud to be associated with the Architecture group.
One of my favorite architects would have to be Le Corbusier. His architecture is so grid planned with some random design movements that break the grid to stick out. My design strategies are similar to Corbusier’s, and I think that is an incredible achievement for myself. If you have the time, I recommend checking him out!

No comments:

Post a Comment