Thursday, August 28, 2014

Meet the Art and Design LLC!

Hey everybody! Welcome to the Art and Design LLC! We have a ton of fun and exciting things in store for you all this year. This blog will be a nice way to keep tabs on the things happening in our community and show everyone how awesome it is to be a part of LLC life.

Meet the people you will be living, working, and creating with!

Mentor Claire

Hello! I am Claire Strominger and I am the peer mentor for the Art and Design LLC. I will be a Junior this year at UWM in PECK School of the Arts. I am originally from Rockford, Illinois and I have lived there my whole life up until college. Now I can honestly say that Milwaukee is my home away from home. Besides my actual whereabouts, here are some fun facts about me. I love art, and creating art, so it is fitting that my major is Art Education and Drawing and Painting. I will be the Peer Mentor for the Art and Design LLC this fall.

I got a little taste of the LLC environment my first year at UWM. Last year I was also the peer mentor for the Art and Design LLC, and I am quite excited to work with everyone again! This LLC is tailored to get students more involved and to help them grow as an artist and person. Please feel free to contact me at stromin2@uwm.edu. I cannot wait to see what this year brings!

RA Wyatt

Hey everyone! I am Wyatt Tinder and I am the RA for the Art and Design LLC. I am originally from Janesville, Wisconsin. This is my third year at UW-Milwaukee and the third year I have been a part of LLC life at UWM. I study Digital Studio Practice, and also participate in Undergraduate Research.

As a freshman, I lived in the Art and Design LLC and loved it! Being a part of the Art and Design LLC was not only fun, but it also helped me stand out as a student. Last year, I was a Resident Assistant for the Architecture LLC. I am so happy to be back as part of the Art and Design LLC once again! It is definitely an exciting community that inspires creativity. 

Use each other as a resource - you are all in classes together, so help each other out and be engaged in the learning process. Feel free to contact me at wjtinder@uwm.edu if you have any questions. Both Claire and I have been through the First Year Art and Design Program before, so we would be happy to answer any questions that you may have.

RA Wyatt and Mentor Claire

Finally, our first LLC event will be on Monday, September 1. We will be meeting at 12:45 pm and taking the shuttle together to the Studio Arts and Crafts Center at the Union. It should be a lot of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment