Thursday, September 4, 2014

Hello, and Welcome to the Transfer Community LLC for the 2014-2015 school year!  
Brianna Hoppock (right) and Erika Smith (left) will be your Resident Assistants for the year.

From Brianna:

Hello, I am Brianna Hoppock, RA on the 15th and 16th floors of Sandburg South. This will be my second semester as an RA in Sandburg. I came to UWM in Fall of 2013  for my first year of college and was in West Tower. Spring 2014 was my first semester as an RA and I had the South 19/20 house. 

I am majoring in Biology with minors in Chemistry and Conservation and Environmental Sciences with a Pre-Medicine certificate. I plan on graduating Spring 2016 and continuing on to Medical School to become a doctor. I am currently not sure what specialty I will pursue. 

I look forward to working with the transfer community this year! Can't wait!

From Erika:

Hey all! My name is Erika Smith and I am the RA for South 17 and South 18. This is my 3rd year as an RA here at UWM. I am a 4th year student and for the last 3 years, I have worked and lived in Sandburg North Tower. I am ecstatic to be in South Tower this year, and I look forward to working with the Transfer Students. This is my first year as an LLC RA, and I think it will be a great experience.

I am currently studying Social Work. I intend to graduate in the Spring of 2016. As of right now, I am not entirely sure what I will do after I graduate, but I do know that I want to work with people who live in an inner city environment. 



As Co-RAs, Brianna and I are truly excited to be working with the Transfer Residents this year. As this is your first year at UWM, we urge you to get involved on campus, explore Milwaukee, and to have a great time. As residents who are having similar experiences, build relationships with each other and lean on each other for support during this period of transition! Brianna and I are here for you all as a resource and to assist you in any way possible. Watch for advertisements for the first Transfer LLC event! It's coming up soon.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment