Sunday, September 7, 2014

Welcome to the CQ: The Career Quest LLC 2014-2015


THE START OF OUR JOURNEY: THE CAREER QUEST LLC



First off, I'd like to formally introduce myself. My name is Paul Oshefsky and I am the Resident Assistant for the CQ LLC. I'm a fourth year college student and third year UWM student. My first year was spent at UW-Eau Claire. I am a biology student and my long-term goal is to be an LGBT+ Counselor for a college campus with a small/growing LGBT+ center. Some of my passions are singing, dancing, cheesecake, and Rupaul's Drag Race.

I'm immensely excited to accompany these students on their quest towards finding a career. The unique thing about this LLC is that every student will be on their own unique journey. Not all of them will benefit from the same resources, the same events, or the same opportunities. This makes my job a little more difficult, but I'm fully prepared to help them all with their own individual needs. Our kick-off event will be taking place September 9th. It will mostly be an introductory event with lots of icebreakers and socializing. It will be partnered with the UWM Campus Involvement Fair the following day. All LLC members will be encouraged to go to the fair. I look forward to working with Lauren Lessac from the Career Development Center and Brianna Lee, the student mentor for the LLC. Both of them are phenomenal at what they do.

Some things that can be expected of me and this blog over the course of the year are:
  •  Updates on our upcoming events and reviews of previous events
  • Possibly highlight a few students who do narrow down their career search, pick a major, or make any large advances in their career quest
  • Pictures! Hopefully lot's of pictures. I love pictures (especially jumping pictures!)
Please expect another blog entry soon after our LLC Kick-off Event. I will include specifics on what we did, how it went, and hopefully many pictures will be included. If you have any questions/comments/concerns/suggestions I would love to hear from you. My e-mail is pjojr@uwm.edu

No comments:

Post a Comment