Tuesday, September 29, 2015

A Sneak Peak into Local to Global!

My name is Brigitte Potter and I am the Resident Assistant for the Local to Global LLC in Cambridge Commons. I am a junior at UW-Milwaukee and I am in the English as a Second Language (ESL) Education program, I will also be the voice behind this lovely blog. Last semester I studied abroad in Granada, Spain. I love hearing about other cultures, ethnicities, and languages. Therefore, I've been enjoying getting to know my residents who come from all over Wisconsin, a few from around the U.S., and others from out of the country!

Classes began and all of the residents are getting accustomed to life here at UWM. The LLC class taught by professor Aims McGuinness and attended by all the LLC members, along with our peer mentor Tabby Miller, has also begun! I will be posting regularly about the activities and adventures they go on during their class. Our South Side Event on September 18th we paired up with the Spanish House to venture to the south side of Milwaukee to indulge in the Hispanic food and culture that dominates this area.

Stay tuned for pictures, videos, and updates on the Local to Global LLC!

No comments:

Post a Comment