Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Welcome to the Spanish House LLC

Holla y Bienvenidos a la Casa de Espanol!
Hello and Welcome to the Spanish House LLC!

A quick introduction about myself, my name is Citlaly Leon, but I go by the nickname Laly. I am the resident assistant on the 3rd floor of Cambridge for the Spanish House LLC. I am originally from Oaxaca, Mexico. I moved to America when I was five years old. I have been surrounded by the Latino culture all my life and feel very qualified to be the Spanish House LLC RA. I am a first generation student pursuing a career in nursing with hopes of someday working as a pediatric oncology nurse in the Children's Hospital of Wisconsin!

If you see me around campus come up and say Holla!

The Spanish House LLC has been extreamly busy these first weeks of school getting to know each other and getting accommodated into the college life. To go along with our building (Cambridge) Disney theme I chose the movie Lilo and Stitch for my floor theme.
Some of the Spanish House LLC residents standing in front of one of our floor bulletin boards.
As we move further in towards the semester I am busy planning events for our community. Our first major event was on Friday Sep. 18th. The Spanish House LLC along with the Local to Global LLC traveled to the Milwaukee South Side in order to experience some of the Latino culture. We are super excited for this year and we look forward to sharing our experience with you!
Mis mejores deseos, Laly 




No comments:

Post a Comment