Friday, December 2, 2016

Fall Updates for the Music LLC

Hello! Being the resident assistant of the Music LLC always has its perks and I definitely got to experience one of the special perks today.  Some of my residents were performing in one of the musicals that UWM was putting on. Of course with that being said I had to bring other residents along to see the show as well and support them.  Some of my residents were performing in the show “Woman on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown”, I know that’s quite a mouthful of a title. Well what can I say, the show was fabulous! I was so thrilled to have had the chance to see it. I was so well put together, well choreographed and certainly well acted and performed.

Another thing that I had to do this month was replace my oh so famous “To Practice or not to Practice” bulletin board. This bulletin board certainly got the conversation rolling amongst the residents as they boisterously compared how much they practiced on average. Each one would try to out do the other.  I was just glad that the musicians were recognizing the value and importance of practicing their musical craft.

There are so many talented musicians in the Music LLC and one thing that I love the most is that they are each a little different. That’s the beauty about music though. It’s not like you just have one genre or style and that’s that. The Music LLC reaches ever different area of music that there is. Some love and study opera, yet others are more focused on musical theater. You might have a student who is obsessed with jazz guitar, and then another who cannot get enough of the symphonies written by Brahms. All in all, each student, including myself, brings together a little bit of the puzzle that creates the musical universe.

 
 
-Madison Larson, RA
 

No comments:

Post a Comment