Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Meet U1.0 I'm First!'s Resident Assistant


Hello! My name is Olivia and I am the new Resident Assistant for the First Gen LLC! This is my first year as an RA and I am so excited to be working with the awesome group of students.
I am originally from Kimberly, Wisconsin where I live with both my parents and my younger brother, Avery. I also have an older sister, Becky. I am a Communications major with an English minor and am planning to get my masters in school counseling to work with high school students. It is so important to me that students have a positive role model in their lives to guide them and I am so thankful for my counselors that I wanted to give back- my dream job would be working in the high school I attended and planning weddings in the summertime. In my free time I really love to cook and watch movies with my friends and family. I am a home body so you can often find me in my room, or in Kimberly on some weekends!
Me with a few other Riverview RA's on move in day! I am the middle left.

Since I am fairly new and got moved into this LLC halfway through this semester, I have only been able to plan a few events in that time, including a hot chocolate event where I got to meet many of my residents. I hope to continue the positive atmosphere into next semester and continue growing and learning with my group of first gen students and challenge them to push through and finish their first year of college while bettering themselves simultaneously!
 -Olivia, Resident Assistant

No comments:

Post a Comment