Monday, February 6, 2017

Spring Semester with the Business Panthers




Dinner and Socializing with the Business Advisors!

Hello!


I am the new Peer Mentor for the Business Panther LLC and specifically the Business Adm 295 course: Business Ethics and Social Responsibility. Although I do not currently live in the dorms, as I am a commuter student, I am looking forward to working with the Business LLC for their final semester. I believe that I will be of assistance to all students in the Business LLC as I am a Sophomore majoring in Accounting and Finance, with a minor in Economics. So I have had many of the classes that students will have to take during their academic careers. During the semester I will be delivering three in class presentations about varying topics that will help the students have a fun and successful second semester.

 

Now about the course; we will be discussing how to be ethical both in a business setting and a more social setting. We will also be applying the idea of being ethical to a variety of scenarios that relate to making ethical decisions in the real world. The students will also be reading assigned readings throughout the semester that will help students to continue learning what is taught in lecture. The students will be able to reinforce the material from class in a few extra assignments throughout the semester, including: two application papers, a midterm and final exam, and even a team presentation. Throughout the semester there will be a few short movies related to the topics covered in class and even an ability to have in class negotiations that allow the students to learn how to negotiate about things like salary or selling of products in an ethical way.

 

I look forward to being a part of the Business Panthers LLC and helping the next class of Business students be successful in their experience here at UWM. I hope that everyone has a great semester!

-Anthony La Licata, Peer Mentor

No comments:

Post a Comment