Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Local 2 Global: Globes and Bowling


Hello everyone and welcome to the Local 2 Global (L2G) Living Learning Community! My name is Allison Densmore and I am the RA for this awesome LLC! Something interesting about me is that I was in this LLC last year, so I know exactly what it is like to be in L2G! This year has already been a blast with all of the fun stuff we have been up to. To start it all off, we had our Local 2 Global LLC kickoff event on September 8th. This was the perfect time for those in the LLC to make new friends with their fellow classmates as well as make paper globes! It was a great turn out and we all had a blast coloring our own globes. A few weeks later we had the LLC bowling event which was so fun and a cool place to bond some more with each other as well as a great place to meet all the other students at UWM who are also in LLCs. Over the past few weeks, the LLC residents have been studying together in the common area and really getting into the swing of classes. I am working on planning some events for the LLC which include a study abroad information night, touring the American Geographical Society Library, and going on a field trip to the Milwaukee Public Museum. I look forward to what comes next for our LLC!
-RA Allison


No comments:

Post a Comment