Monday, March 14, 2011

Business Panthers welcomes the new Business Panthers Mentor!

Hello, hello Business Panthers!!

My name is Mark Przybylski (phonetic pronunciation=SHA-BILL-SKEE), I am 20 years young and I am ecstatic to be a student here at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. I am currently pursuing a Marketing major with a minor in Architectural Studies. I have been attending UWM for three years now and can't imagine studying anywhere else. The city itself holds so much history, diversity and culture; it's quite the place to be! I have just recently started working for the Student Success Center (Bolton 120) as a Campus Ambassador/First Year Mentor and am very eager to start working with freshman coming into the School of Business as well as the Business Panthers LLC. My job requirements are relatively simple although I'm looking to take my responsibilities to the next level. I don't want to be the guy sending out a bunch of mass emails; I have the opportunity to network with an abundance of individuals, I'm going to make the most of it!

As goes for the School of Business, I am currently enrolled in a number of 300-level Business Administration courses and couldn't be happier. The school as a whole has some remarkable staff members and the environment is truly one of a kind. I am an active member of the American Marketing Association (AMA) and would heavily advocate majors of any area of business study to look into. There are a number of volunteer, internship and general extra-curricular opportunities that will all enhance your learning and networking experience. If I have any advice for students looking to make the most of their college experience, it would be to get involved. The importance of networking in the world of business cannot be underestimated.

At this point in my life, UWM is without a doubt, a very demanding full-time job. That doesn't mean there isn't time for a social life though! I am a music fanatic; I listen to a number of genres, mainly rock/alternative/indie. Favorite bands include: Radiohead, The White Stripes, LCD Soundsystem, The Dead Weather, Chiodos, Animal Collective, MUSE, Simon & Garfunkel, The Doors, Them Crooked Vultures and even though it doesn't need to be said, The Beatles. As a hefty majority of my close friends are Film majors, I also take a strong interest in cinema. My all time favorite movie is Requiem for a Dream closely followed by American Beauty, The Dark Knight and Black Swan. When music and movies aren't present, I can typically be found exploring the East Side/Downtown, rocking out at The Rave or making bagels at Brueggers on North and Prospect!

I am very excited to begin working with all of you more over the course of the semester; I have very high hopes that we will do some fantastic things. Louella has a very organized and captivating itinerary and wants exactly what I want with the rest of this year; to make the most of every minute of it! Here's to a fun-filled and productive semester!!

No comments:

Post a Comment