Friday, December 15, 2017

Architecture 2: Kickoff

Hello everyone! Welcome to the Architecture 2 LLC! A little background about myself for those who don’t remember, my name is Zach Thiel. I am a junior architecture student and this is my second year as the Arch 2 LLC Resident Assistant as well as it is the second year of the Arch 2 LLC. I am very excited to be here and look forward to work with you all and help you through problems both in studio and in the residence halls. If you have any questions, don’t be afraid to drop by in studio or check to see if I’m home in E1660C.

To bring everyone up to speed on what has happened so far, let us go through events that have already taken place. Our kickoff event was in coordination with AIAS at the School of Architecture and Urban Planning courtyard. It was a beautiful day with a brat fry, tailgating games, and getting to mingle with some professors and staff. I know I saw many of you there and I look forward to seeing more of you at future events, studio willing.


For future events, a major one that I hope everyone can partake in is with the Architecture 1 LLC. On Monday, November 13, RA Katy of Arch 1 LLC will be bringing a bunch of her residents over to get a preview of what it is like living in East Tower. They will be checking out one of the suites and the residents there will be answering any questions regarding life in the LLC or with studio. Afterwards, we will head over to SARUP where they will get a tour of all the studios and catch a glimpse into their future academic careers. I will be talking with a couple suites soon regarding this. Another future event will take place the night before final review for Arch 310 studio. I will have an ice cream social at studio as sort of a final treat before the end of your first studio experience. I know everyone will be looking forward to that!

No comments:

Post a Comment