Sunday, December 11, 2011

Honors LLC loves Discovery World!

Hi!
As I said in my last post, the Honors LLC took a trip to Discovery World last Friday, probably one of the most fun things we have done so far this year. There were 13 of us total (including RA Kelly and me) so we had a fairly large group and we were lucky in that we nearly had the place to ourselves. We went to the incredible aquarium in the lower level where we got to touch sting-rays and fish, play inside (an almost real) submarine, and learn all about the Great Lakes. We also went upstairs and got to explore a ship, experience MATC's weather simulator, and learn how water is purified and used for drinking. Then, we went to the machines section where some of the students did the pilot simulator and practiced flying airplanes, while other students learned how various small machines work. Finally we went upstairs and had a blast with the static electricity exhibit (it was hysterical watching RA Kelly's hair stand on end) and most of the students, including me, go to lay on a bed of nails.
I had never been to Discovery World before and I'm so lucky that I got to go for the first time with all the amazing Honors LLC students.We had an amazing time and learned a lot. I can't wait to go back again.

--Molly (Honors LLC Mentor)

No comments:

Post a Comment