Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Meet Your Mentor- Serafina

Welcome to your Spring 2013 Semester at UW-Milwaukee!!



My name is Serafina Payne and I will be your mentor for this spring semester. I am a Milwaukee native but my family is from the island of Puerto Rico. I love to spend time with my friends, family, and of course my dog because I am a huge animal lover! I graduated from Ronald Reagan High School which is on the South side of Milwaukee and this will be my second year at UWM. I am also a Chancellor's Scholar and currently majoring in Social Welfare. I hope to emphasize in International Social Work for my Undergraduate Degree. I also plan to go on towards a Master's Degree in Social Work and Non-Profit Business. I worked over the summer for the Student Success Center as a New Student Orientation Leader so it is possible we met this past summer! This will be my second semester as a First year Mentor and I really love the work that I have been able to do due to the amazing people I have met!
My dog Seeley!

I am very excited for this new opportunity to get to know you all and work with you this semester! I also hope to continue working with Amber as much as possible because she has a lot of experience and she was my my First Year Mentor when I was a freshman! I hope to get to know you all, as well as plan great events and programs for the Community Leadership LLC!

No comments:

Post a Comment