Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Cultures and Communities: Identity Bingo & Drag Show


Hi everyone!

Welcome to another exciting semester in the Cultures and Communities LLC of Sandburg Hall! For those who don’t know me yet, I am Bri, the Resident Assistant of Floor 6 of West Tower. I have some exciting events planned for the LLC this semester, two of which have already happened!

Our first event, the second semester LLC kickoff, was a fun game of Identity Bingo. In Identity Bingo, residents created their own bingo card based off of a list of identities that they believed applied to them. Then, I randomly called from the list and we played a game of bingo with those identities. We stopped a few times to talk about some of the identities, and residents shared some personal stories relating to them. We all learned a little more about the people in our community from this event.

Our next event was shortly after our kickoff, the UWM Drag Show! Huge crowds showed up to the Drag Show, in the thousands! Pictured is just a section of the huge crowd. Many residents from the Cultures and Communities LLC were among them. This year was the 20th Annual Drag Show, but it was many of my residents first time. Everyone I talked to told me how much fun it was and that they cannot wait for next year.

This semester, you can expect more collaboration with the Local 2 Global LLC on the 5th Floor of West Tower. The RA, Allison, and I are thinking about an end of the semester event to support a fellow resident in his final presentation for his African Dance class. I expect many fun LLC events this semester, and I hope everyone is as excited as I am.



No comments:

Post a Comment