Friday, November 7, 2014

The CQ Update

Hey all!

I hope the school year is going well for everyone so far. Just to give you an update on our events so far, the first event, the LLC Kick-Off, was a ton of fun. Attendance definitely was not where I would like it to be, but that just means there is even more room for improvement. We had some great discussions about future events and they filled out a survey for me. The surveys helped give me a better idea of the individual interests of the students. It's difficult to plan events around 40 different interests, but it gives me a better idea of what to focus on. On top of that, we all had a great time feasting on pizza that night!

By the way, the girl in the center with me is Brianna, the amazing mentor for the LLC!

I know a lot of students are busy at this time of year, especially with midterms going on this week and in upcoming weeks, but there's always a little time for some floor bonding! That's why we're hoping to have a floor decorating contest this Saturday! I'm super excited to see what the residents come up with. They've been very persistent about decorating the floor so I have very high expectations for this event! Expect some great pics after the event!

Some other events that we are hoping to do this semester and are working on organizing are a local business tour, volunteering at the Special Olympics Bowling event, helping SHAC plan and execute a Resident Hall event, and maybe even a Zumba House event!

As always, please feel free to e-mail me at pjojr@uwm.edu with questions/comments/concerns/suggestions. Otherwise, I'd love comments on the blog posts as well!

Sincerely,
RA Paul

No comments:

Post a Comment