Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Film, Video, and New Genre

Hello and welcome!

My name is Zachery Holder and I am the Resident Assistant for the future of our entertainment world, at least I like to believe so. I reside in Sandburg Residence Hall on the 19th floor where the Film, Video, and New Genre Living Learning community is already booming with artist and film makers eager to make movies.

I am a 3rd year student at UWM and a 2nd year RA. I am a film major myself and am gaining more of a focus in animation and video. I graduated high school from Verona Area High School right outside of Madison. It was my art teachers in high school who really sparked my passion to have film as my career as I spent most of my time in our video lab. I recently finished an internship at Walt Disney World and now am a Campus Representative for their Disney College Program. I spent my summer working at Six Flags Great America doing shows and parades. I also had the chance to work with American Idol while they were in Milwaukee which was an unforgettable experience. I am a RA mainly for the fact I love to help people and just be active in my campus and helping new students and meeting such great people along the way makes this experience all the better.

I am rather excited to have this group of students who a good number have connected from the start and have grouped up to start working on projects. It's exciting because it is definitely something I wish I had during my first year. It's great to see that within the first week of moving into Sandburg the goals of these residents are already starting to be achieved. Our goal for this community is to come together to collaborate on ideas and network to help bring those ideas to reality. One of the hardest things to do when making a film is getting people to help you and be dedicated to it. In the LLC everyone is here to make a film, video, or animation or something of the likes.

Up coming events we will be having our first Film, Video, New Genre LLC Kick off in the Channel on Tuesday Sept. 7th at 7pm where the residents will be able to test their movie knowledge and eat free food and relax just before the really jump into their classes and homework.

I have high hopes for this year! Hope to see you around!


No comments:

Post a Comment