Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Education & Leadership LLC

Introduction

Hello All,
My name is Lucero Rocha and I am your Peer Mentor for the year. My role as a peer mentor is to assist you with any questions that you may have. I will try my best to answer them or direct you to someone who will know the answer. I’m here for you as a resource as well and to help you stay engaged, connected, informed, and proud of being a Panther here at UWM! I am also here for you as a peer, which means that you're welcome to come and talk to me about anything else that may be going on in your life.
I’m currently a Sophomore here at UWM. My intended major is Political Science with a minor in Spanish. I have recently moved to Milwaukee from Racine which means that I’m still getting used to the idea of traffic on a regular basis. I strongly believe in community engagement which is why I’m exited to be part of your LLC course.
The purpose of the course is to provide you with the knowledge and tools to build a civic and leadership identify. The cool part about it is that you get to structure that identity by experimental learning, which means that you will get to interact and help the Milwaukee community through service learning. I have seen the impact that UWM students have in the community through some service learning that I've been part of in the past. 
With that being said I’m happy that you will all be part of this course. If you ever need any help getting to your service learning site just let me know and I’ll try my best to help you.
Best,
Lucero




No comments:

Post a Comment