Monday, December 3, 2012

Dancing to the Finish Line

Dancers have attended two performances this semester that allowed them to be exposed to two very different dance styles.  They enjoyed an edgy, Modern performance in and on top of a parking structure.  The LLC also got to view a the professional Ballet La Boheme.



La Boheme created a fun but tragic love story.  The dancers got to go out to dinner with UWM dance majors before the show.

























Wildspace on the other hand was a contemporary piece that allowed students to have one of their first city bus experiences.









Although the swing dance workshop was canceled, students did get to experience some salsa dancing.  I choreographed and performed a salsa routine for Riverview residents.  I was happy to see some of my students from the LLC at the event and learning to salsa dance.
Residents had a taste of the variety of dance offered and even got to learn a few new steps.  Next semester will be less watching and more dancing.  I can't wait to see what my students can show and teach me.


No comments:

Post a Comment