Tuesday, April 26, 2016

March-April in the Panther Military LLC

Greetings,

At the tail end of March the Panther Military LLC paid a visit to the Military and Veteran's Resource Center (MAVRC). The director of MAVRC, Michael Kirchner, gave the members of the LLC and myself a tour and rundown on the services that MAVRC offers to students. Afterwards, we all went to the Grind in the Union for coffee and snacks. Students from the Panther Military LLC were then able to share there experiences and highlights from the year with both Michael and myself. This was an excellent program and really allowed for students in the LLC to connect to their stakeholder.


I am very excited to announce that this month the Panther Military LLC took a trip to Lake Geneva Canopy Tours course on Friday, April 22nd from 12-6pm. This is the Panther Military's yearly LLC trip and was in collaboration with the Honors House 2 (HH2) and the S'more LLC's. The course is situated in a beautiful remote woodsy area in Lake Geneva and offers visitors the chance to participate in: zip lining, high ropes courses, team building challenges, biking, and hiking. On our trip, we focused on the ropes course and the team building challenges. My resident's response to this trip has been an overall tone of excitement and I am thrilled that I was able to get 80% of my LLC students to secure a spot on the trip. I know that this trip provided my residents with valuable lessons in teamwork and will also enhance their critical thinking skills. Best of all, the trip was absolutely free to students in the LLC!


No comments:

Post a Comment