Friday, October 5, 2012

LGBT Welcome Reception

           One event I attended during September was the LGBT Resource Center's Welcome Reception which took place on Wednesday September 19th from 5:30 until 7:30pm. Because I had class I unfortunately came late and missed the very beginning of the reception, but I still had a blast! There was free pizza, cake, and refreshments which I gladly indulged in while talking to a number of new students interested in the LGBT Resource Center.
            The Chancellor, Michael R. Lovell, spoke in the very beginning of the reception which was a huge and flattering point of recognition for the LGBT Resource Center. I unfortunately came after his speech, but the celebration was still going and, in fact, continued all the way up until 8pm when the last few students trickled out and we began to clean up the prizes and giveaways passed out to new students for free. Unlike a lot of giveaways on campus, the LGBT Resource Center went all out and gave away free 20oz. (and 16oz. if you're favorite color is Orange) mugs which are BPA free and come in all the colors of the rainbow.

            I had a ton of fun and hope to attend future LGBT Resource Center Welcome Receptions!

No comments:

Post a Comment