Friday, October 2, 2015

Welcome Back, Honors House 2!

Meet the HH2 RA

Not a real sword.  Just a convincing Photoshop.
Name:  Kendall Sullivan
Hometown:  Kansasville, WI
Major & Year:  Film, Senior
Fun Fact:  Enjoys playing "Toxic"
by Britney Spears on guitar.
Hi there!  It's my pleasure to again be the Resident Assistant for the Honors House 2 Living Learning Community.  I had one of the best experiences with the HH2 community last year, and this year is shaping up to be something really special.  I'm excited to get to work!
A little bit about the LLC itself: the Honors House 2 is a second-year-and-up LLC for people interested in continuing to be a part of the Honors College, and live on campus in Sandburg East.  We pride ourselves on having an involved, academically-focused, and fun community for Honors students. As we're one of the LLCs that does not have a single required course, this allows us to have quite a diverse range of resident experiences.
I've got great plans in the work for events in the coming months, so get excited!


East 16

Let me preface this by saying that I'm a huge geek and I'm not ashamed.
That's right.  This year, Honors House 2 is Camp Half-Blood / Percy Jackson themed.  I thought that a summer camp for gifted kids would be apt for the Honors House 2 community.  It has nothing to do with the fact that I'm obsessed.  Not whatsoever.

The Athena (left) and Artemis (right) cabins.

A helpful bulletin board written by Percy Jackson himself.

The camp activities display, ready for tons of events.

Rumor has it that even our first HH2 event is going to be Percy Jackson-themed.  Stay tuned.

That's it for now.  Let's have a great year!

KS

No comments:

Post a Comment