Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Introduction

UWM!

     Greetings! I am a second-year student here,  have transferred from my first two semesters of college from Gateway Technical College of southeastern Wisconsin, and am studying to be a sign language interpreter. I am a Bonner Leader, Americorps employee (as an America Reads tutor), peer mentor for transfer and adult students, living in the Transfer LLC, and (for the first couple months of this school year) Miss Latina Racine. I started school later than my friends from high school, but feel it was a necessary step in my journey. Hailing from Racine, WI, I enjoy riding my bike, going to social activities, and hanging out with my loved ones. last year was my first time not living at home, and my first time not living with my dad or boyfriend. Speaking of that, we just hit the 7-year mark in our relationship. We value each other. Training to become a mentor here at UWM was long and fun, but I'm happy to be out there, connecting with my mentees and taking names!

P.S. Feel free to share wordplay with me.

-Grace

No comments:

Post a Comment