Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Living Among Superheroes

Hello Panthers!

        My name is Danielle Stobb. I am a second year student and first year Resident Assistant. I reside in Sandburg West: the Superhero Living Learning Community. My major is JAMS :Journalism, Advertising and Media Studies.  I particularly love broadcast journalism and print media.  During my free time I enjoy writing a personal blog, baking and frosting cupcakes, and cuddling with my adopted chihuahua Tegan.  

Here's me!



 Spiderman once said, "with great power comes great responsibility."  
        As a Resident Assistant, I look forward to supporting each resident in finding their responsibility to create a powerful learning experience here at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee.
        The Superhero Living Learning Community was designed for the Academic Opportunity Center students to live, interact, and (most importantly), support and encourage each other academically.
        I believe students do their best learning in an environment that is supportive, informative, and fun.  Before my residents on floors nine and ten moved in, I took time to decorate the community. My first post on this blog will be an overview of my floor decorations. Below you will find a small example of my work.
       (Please feel free to contact me at ddstobb@uwm.edu with any questions regarding the living learning community.)
       
        Here's to a great year living among superheroes!    

An informative bulletin board with tricks and tips to hit the books.
    Batman door decorations, which I later labeled with each resident's preferred name.



 An "about me" photo collage.






No comments:

Post a Comment