Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Art You Curious About the Honors LLC?


Hey ya'll,

I thought I would take the time to talk about various events the Honors LLC have participated in these past few weeks, both on and off the floor.

We spent the week before classes getting to know each other as we participated in various Fall Welcome activities. I encouraged the Honors LLC to go to the "Arts Curious" event in Spaights Plaza right after their Fall Welcome activities. I thought it would be a good idea to inform the Honors LLC about the "Year of the Arts", an initiative the University is putting on this year to educate individuals about various art forms.

Those who went spent an hour or so taking pictures, acting, painting a mural and listening to music. A few of us even decided to decorate and sign blank white T-shirts so that they read "Honors LLC". I had a great time bonding with some of the girls on my floor and we got free sunglasses out of it too!





Community building within my house is very important to me as a resident and RA of that floor. Imagine my happiness, every night, as I walk onto West 2 to find 15-20 students, Honors LLC members and my "adopted" residents, watching movies, playing games and spending the time to get to know one another. I've told them this and I'll write it now: This is going be be a great year and I can't wait to see what the year has in store for us!



Til next time,

RA Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment