Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Meet Your RA

Hello,
My name is Shayla Jackson and I am the resident assistant for the Community Leadership LLC. Milwaukee is home for me , but it is not the reason I continue to stay at UWM , going on three years. Each year I learn more opportunities the university has to offer like the Community Leadership LLC.

My first year at UWM , was a great experience. Before the year even started I had plans to transfer to another university. But as I stayed I began to learn more about all that UWM had to offer through this LLC. I originally signed up for this living learning community because I thought it would help me as a future educator. I ended up gaining so much more. I was given a chance to develop my leadership skills, become involved with the community, and meet new people. For this reason, I decided to come back as a Resident Assistant to be apart of helping other student experience what I did.

The Community Leadership Living Learning Community will do more than develop the leader that is in each and every one of us. It will teach you how to be the solution to the problems within neighborhoods and allow you to give back through community service. So this LLC experience is what ever you make it.  Enjoy the experience, have fun, make a difference.

Enjoy the rest of your  summer, I am looking forward to seeing you !! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment