Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Meet Your Mentor

Hello! I am Natalie Vang, First Year Mentor and the mentor for Beyond Boarders LLC! Let me tell you a little about myself, my hometown is Green Bay, WI (GO PACK GO) and I am now currently living in Milwaukee. This will be my second year here at UW-Milwaukee. I am currently a Marketing major and thinking about studying Advertising as well.

Beyond Boarders is a great way for students to share their cultural experiences and learn about other cultures from around the world. It gets students involved with the different ethnicities of their peers, and opens their eyes to new experiences while meeting new people along the way.

As someone who is half Hmong and half Caucasian, I  believe it's important to live in a multicultural environment.  I am also learning about my culture and enjoy sharing it with the my peers. Being a part of the Beyond Boarders LLC is a great opportunity, not only for the students, but for me as well. They will benefit from this experience in the long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment