Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Meet Your RA

Hello Everyone,

My name is Hannah Rarick and in the fall I will be the RA of Sandburg West 2, the Honors House Living Learning Community! Just a little information about me: I was born and raised in Chicago (the city not a suburb) and I am the oldest of 2 children, my brother being 17 months younger than me. My dad attended UWM for both of his undergraduate degrees and he thought that I should come to the school and take a tour. I wasn't planning on going to school out of state but I fell in love with UWM and now, here I am! I am currently a sophomore "education-turned-business" major and I am excited to learn all about the business world from an national and international perspective. I love to travel and I have been to over 9 countries around the world. My dream is to one day visit and maybe even live in Australia right next to the koalas (my favorite animal!) as a successful human resource manager.

This coming year I will be the RA of the Honors LLC, a community geared toward fostering community among Honors students, faculty and advisors. This community also introduces students to critical and creative thinking and writing; and enables students to thrive within the Honors College. Last year I had the privilege of being a part of this community along with 72 other like minded individuals. I had a great time learning with and spending time with other honors (and non-honors) students and I can't wait to be a part of this LLC. In addition, this will be my second year as a student of the Honors College and I am ready to help future students navigate through their first year as a Honors and UWM student.

A picture of me with my favorite animal (don't worry, it's not real).


Looking forward to writing more!

See you in a few months,


Hannah Rarick

No comments:

Post a Comment